I’m very happy and excited to once again speak at NIC (Nordic Infrastructure Conference), which will be held May 31 – June 2, Oslo Spektrum, Norway. Previously held in a winterly Oslo in February, and last time held just before the Corona outbreak in 2020, attendants and speakers should this time experience a beautiful Oslo spring surrounding the event.
NIC is celebrating 10 years anniversery this time, and this in-person event gathers over 1000+ attendees, international and well-known speakers, in addition to partners, vendors and a great exhibition area, it is truly the place to be for IT professionals and decision makers that want to see and experience the latest and greatest content!
Some of the highligths of NIC X:
- Pre-Conference where you can choose to learn from one the best in the industry: Sami Laiho, Paula Januszkiewicz, or John Craddock!
- 2 full days of conference content including Opening Keynote from Chen Goldberg (VP Google Cloud) and Closing Keynote from Ulrich Hoffman (Corporate VP Microsoft), and 65+ Breakout sessions, all honoring the conference motto: Less slides – more demos!
- Session tracks for Security, Data, AI & ML, Architecture & Code, Server & Client, Operations & Automation, and Cloud!
- Anniversary party with the Valentourettes!
- Awesome exhibition area with over 20+ https://www.nicconf.com/xedition/partners, including Microsoft, AWS, Google and many more.
- .. and as always at NIC, the best food and mingling with fellow members of the industry.
Myself I will present two breakout sessions during the main conference, focusing on Security with Azure AD and Microsoft Cloud Solutions:
In my first session on the first day I will speak about How to Create an Azure AD Protected API in Azure in one hour!, where I will show you how you can create your own API in Azure and protect it with Azure AD using Oauth2. API’s can be anything you want, and in true NIC spirit this session will really will be most about the demos and very little slides!
In my second session the last day, I will speak about why and how you can use Azure Authentication using Managed Identities vs. Service Principals in Azure AD. Do you use Azure Services that need to authenticate to other resources and APIs? Have you been using App Registrations and Service Principals to achieve this? Have you felt the pain of managing secret credentials, who has access to the credentials and lifecycle management of these and want at better way to achieve Azure Authentication? This is where Managed Identities is the way to go.
- Session Title and Link: How to Create an Azure AD Protected API in Azure in one hour!
- Room/Track/Day: Room IV – Architecture & Code – Wed 1st June 2022
- Time: 13:20 – 14:20 PM CET
- Session Title and Link: Azure Authentication using Managed Identities vs. Service Principals
- Room/Track/Day: Room VI – Operations & Automation – Thu 2nd June 2022
- Time: 15:15 – 16:15 PM CET
There is still time to book your conference pass: https://www.nicconf.com/xedition/tickets
For a full list of session program and speakers, see the conference website: https://www.nicconf.com/
Hope to see you there!